History


Milestones:

  • In 1956, Şark Mensucat’s fabric dyeing and weaving integrated facilities founded by Bitlis Family, started operation in Zeytinburnu.
  • In 1961 Kağıthane Hosiery has been bought and operations continued there.
  • In 1964, Polivinil Asetat Kimyevi Maddeler Sanayi A.Ş. was established and began production of emulsion resins to be used as paper epoxy, textile finishing material, and paint raw material, in Kağıthane Facilities for the first time in Turkey. In 1967, the Company name was changed to Polisan Kimya Sanayi A.Ş. (Chemical Company).
  • In 1968, the production of formaldehyde resin, used in ply board and formica started, again for the first time in Turkey in Kağıthane Facilities.
  • In 1971, Poliport (Port Operations) was established in Dilovası where Polisan Holding Facilities are located to offer Bulk Liquid Storage Services.
  • In 1977, 100,000 ton capacity urea formaldehyde production facility, armed with the latest technology, was built in Gebze-Dilovası and the production unit in Kağıthane was relocated to Dilovası facilities.
  • In 1985, Polisan Boya Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. (Paint Facility) was established and started paint production.
  • In 1994, the Headquarters relocated to İstanbul from Dilovası.
  • In 2000, the first water based mix machine in the sector was developed, ensuring the factory quality and sales channel was positioned as the production center.
  • In 2000, Polisan Holding A.Ş. (The Holding) was established.
  • In 2004, Polisan Kimya A.Ş. formed a JV with Rohm and Haas, one of the largest emulsion resin producers renown globally.
  • In 2006, Polisan Yapı İnşaat Taahhüt Turizm Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. (Real Estate Company) was established.
  • In 2008, the brand name of Polisan Boya has been changed to "Polisan" and for the first time in Turkey and globally, Polisan has introduced a new approach, claiming that “we do not produce paint, but home cosmetics, instead”. After the registry of the new concept, Polisan products were offered to the consumers as "HOME COSMETICS".
  • In 2009, Polisan Yapı Kimyasalları A.Ş. (Construction Chemicals Company) was established and the sales of concrete additives started. Having had the VDA license, Polisan Kimya has started AUS32 production with the Adblue brand.
  • In 2011, the name of the Polikem Kimya San. ve Tic. A.Ş. has been changed to Polisan Tarımsal Üretim San. ve Tic. A.Ş. (Agriculture Company) and seedling cultivation activities were started.
  • In 2011, the loyalty program and collection practice, using a single POS, started in the sector for the first time.
  • In 2012, Polisan Yapı Kimyasalları A.Ş. started the sales of cement chemicals.
  • In 2012, Polisan Holding went public and its shares were started to be traded on Bourse İstanbul.
  • In 2013, the single Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) granule & preform plant of Greece and Balkans, working as a continuous facility with full automation was purchased in 2013. The new facility, which started its operations in Greece as Polisan Hellas, has a 15.000 m² indoor area and 75.000 m² land.
  • As it turns 50 in 2014, Polisan Holding, which adopted “continuous development” principle as its motto accelerates its domestic and foreign ventures and continues to be one of Turkey’s leading corporations.
  • Established on May 17, 1918, Kansai Paint has achieved a turnover of 3.7 billion USD today with approximately 15,000 employees today thanks to the developments it has made over the last century. Kansai Paint has a wide range of products including Industrial Paints, Construction Paints, Auto Paints and a high technology product range. Originating in Japan, it operates in Asia, Europe, Africa, America, and Middle East regions with the subsidiaries and partnership structures. For more information, please visit www.kansai.com